Best Vape Mods for Clouds
Cloud Chasing mods for Direct Lung Vapers
Almost everyone likes blowing a huge cloud every now and then (or all of the time). A lot of recent mods are capable of sub-ohm vaping, which is to say it is capable of handling lower ohm resistance builds.
When finding the right mod for direct lung vaping, we are looking for a few features in particular:
- capable of low ohm resistance builds. .1ohm lower bound is now available in wattage modes and .05ohm is common when using Temperature Control (TC) mode
- capable of higher wattage for fast powering
- multiple batteries are a nice feature
To complete your cloud blowing rig, you are going to want to get a vape tank that has good airflow for huge lung draws as well as a high or max VG (vegetable glycerin) e-juice. The VG is what actually causes the visible cloud in the vapor.
Smok Alien 220w Mod Rating: 9/10
This squeeze-fired two-battery mod from SMOK quickly became on of their most popular mods ever for good reason. The Alien has one of the most informative and well designed display screens.
- Two Battery - 220w device with Ni/Ti/SS TC modes as well as TCR
- Squeeze Fired instead of button triggered, an enjoyable feature
- Most informative, well-layed out display screens we have seen
- easily upgradeable firmware
- aesthetically pleasing with different color accents to match your style
- secure bottom loading battery compartment
bottom battery door can be awkward to open
Best Single Battery Mod
Lower wattage, Mouth to Lung (MTL) vaping and vaping on the GO!
A lot of new vapers and recent ex-smokers are really well served by getting a vape starter kit as it cuts down on the extra pieces like tanks and batteries.
Vapers that already have a good MTL vape tank or other tank in mind however are going to want to look for a few features to make the right selection.
Features that you want in a mod for quitting smoking, lower wattage (50w and under) and MTL vaping:
- Small and portable for easy storage as well as possible stealth
- single 18650 battery (due to size) or perhaps a built-in battery
- regulated device for safety features such as battery protections
- on/off capability for safe storage
- ability to take a common 510 threaded tank capable of mouth to lung hits
Vaporesso Nebula Rating: 8/10
The Nebula from Vaporesso is a single battery mod (capable of using either standard 18650 or the wider 26650). It features the new OMNI board which is capable of a bunch of cool features, such as custom firing curves in both wattage and TC mods, in addition to features that vapers have come to expect.
- It is small. Particularly for a mod capable of taking a 26650, easily fitting in the hand.
- Ergonomic design with comfortable hand feel. Has a pleasant feeling textured back plate and trigger front firing button.
- The width of the device is able to take a 25mm tank and still look great
- Has smart VW for estimating optimal firing based on coil resistance. Helps prevent those overfiring situations when you switch your tanks.
- Custom firing curves for wattage and TC in addition to TCR modes. Curves mode really lets you get a custom vape tailored to your tastes.
- The mod is capable of firing up to 100w (80 with 18650) which is more than you would want single battery, just for battery life. This is not a mod for high watt vaping. (comes with a battery adapter for using the 18650 option)
- Has an extra mode button to stay away from those annoying multiple button press menu design seen on many other mods
- Surface picks up fingerprints
- the design aesthetics may not be for everyone
- very slight firing delay