Augvape VTEC 1.8 Box Mod Specifications
- 5w - 200w power range
- 0.05ohm to 3.0ohm resistance range
- 87.6 x 45 x29.2 mm measurements and 165g weight
- Hidden fire button (press at the top of the screen plate) and a dial adjusment button
- dual 18650 powered regulated vape mod
- four modes - AUTO, VV mode, V mode and BYPASS
Augvape's VTEC 1.8 is the update to the V200 mod that gets its design inspiration from the Honda VTEC race engines. This is a powerful 200W, dual 18650 device that is easy and fun to use.
Tanks up 26mm fit perfectly up top on the slightly raised, centrally located 510 pin and plate. 28mm+ tanks will fit but will have a slight gap due to the raised plate.
On the front is a very easy to read, simplified display with dual battery indicators that is bright enough to see in direct light but won't blind you in the dark due to the placement and hand position.
This mod has several firing modes:
- AUTO (like standard wattage mode but with wattage recommendations based on ohm readings for new coils)
- Variable Voltage mode (similar to wattage mode but adjust the voltage instead of wattage)
- V Mode (which is a joule mode)
- BYPASS (mech style)
Single watt adjustments are made with a spring loaded dial style button that looks like a oil cap. The device can also be locked for adjustment with an up and fire combination or disabled by down and fire. Each will give a notification.
One of the improvements over the original V200 is the improved battery door, which is now quite secure and locks into place. Inside are clear direction markings for battery direction.
Once batteries are loaded and secured, the device powers on automatically very quickly for use.
After not being fired for about 30 seconds the device will start saving power by entering sleep mode and it works well. Battery life is noticeably longer but there is a slight firing delay to wake the device up. Once the device is awake it can be fired as much as desired, quickly with no delay.
This wake delay can be avoided by pressing the button once when picking up the device to wake it and then again to fire instead of just holding the button down. A slight delay for not having to change and charge batteries more often could be a pro or a con depending on your point of view.
The best thing about the V200 is even better on the VTEC 1.8 -- the form factor and firing button. Augvape replaced small panel on the back with a small strip of simulated leather which improves the tactile experience.
What makes this mod feel so great to hold and fun to use has to be the placement of the firing button. Something about holding the device like an ice cream sandwich and pressing the clicky button with your thumb is just so satisfying and enjoyable.
Overall, this device is such an enjoyable mod to use. It is dead simple to use, looks cool, feels great in the hand and is a real joy to fire.
What Could Be Better
- press button once when you pick up then fire to avoid slight firing delay when waking the device from power saving sleep
- Awesome variable wattage dual 18650 vape mod
- one of the best thumb firing experiences
- easy to hold and feels great - like holding an ice cream sandwich without the mess
- instant on and AUTO mode for super easy use
- lots of space up top with central 510
- well placed, easy to read OLED display -- doesn't shine in your face in the dark but still easy to read in direct lighting
- upgraded battery door over the original V200 with clear battery markings