Innokin Zenith MTL Specifications
- 23mm diameter
- 4ml capacity
- five airflow holes of equal size
- stainless steel 510 connection
- low wattage mouth to lung flavor chasing
- twist to fill with single large fill port
What comes with the Innokin Zenith MTL
- One Zenith RTA
- two coils from the Zenith family: one 1.6 ohm coil and one 0.8 ohm coil (both kanthal)
- two 510 drip tips, one traditional one contoured
Quick Look at Innokin Zenith MTL
The Zenith is a fantastic, low wattage, mouth to lung (MTL) sub-ohm tank design by Phil Busardo and the Vaping Greek.
This tank is the perfect fit for current or recent ex-smokers. When paired with a higher nicotine content tobacco flavored e-liquid, shut the air down to one air hole and this tank could really make a change in someone's life.
It is also great for sub-ohm vapers looking for a good MTL flavor chaser.
Filling the tank is quite straight forward as the Zenith uses a twist to fill design featuring a quite large single fill port.
The tank portion itself is made of glass which is surrounded on the outsides by a metal exoskeleton as seen in other tanks. This gives the tank a juice window appearance which is good for checking the juice level.
The glass is partially protected by the metal but if the glass is somehow broken, it isn't replaceable.
There are five bottom airflow holes on one side of the tank, each of the same dimension, with a easily gripped bottom airflow ring for adjustment.
The airflow can use a single airflow hole up to using all five, which is considered fully open.
This tank is capable of some serious old school mtl flavor chasing with a single air hole (even one partially closed). A very restricted direct lung is achievable with the airflow wide open. The best flavor however comes from three or less airflow holes.
Included with the Zenith are two pretty good 510 drip tips. One of the tips is the standard straight tip and the other is a lip contoured tip. Both tips are quite usable.
Included with the tank are two kanthal coils, one 1.6ohm and one 0.8ohm.
The coils are pretty simple to install as they are pluggable and are notched to correspond with the chassis. The notches are used to align the wicking ports on the coil with a psuedo juice flow control that is closed when the top fill is opened and vice versa.
The weird thing about the coils is that the break-in time seems quite short on the 0.8ohm coil and 1.6 ohm coil takes half a tank or more to break in.
The coils are rated for best use under 18W, so pairing it with a small single battery regulated mod would be a good fit.
While none of the features are new on this tank, it is a great mtl sub-ohm tank that provides a rich, flavorful vape experience.
- Mouth to lung flavor chasing!
- pretty good airflow control allowing a single hole to be left open all the way to all five
- airflow is easily gripped with adjustment stops on either side
- twist to fill system is great and even closes off the wicking channels on the coils
- the coils use a plug style insertion system which is great
- includes two pretty good Delrin 510 drip tips; one regular and one contoured
- comes in stainless steel, black or red
What Could Be Better
- fill port doesn't match the color of the tank on the black or red version
- glass isn't replaceable as it is a metal cage (partially protected)
- break-in time on the 1.6 ohm coils fairly long compared to 0.8ohm coil